The study team is committed to maintaining open communication with residents, local leaders and businesses in the area, as well as the traveling public to ensure that recommended improvements reflect the needs and input of the community and its various stakeholders. We welcome your feedback and questions about the MoPac Intersections Environmental Study.
The MoPac Intersections Environmental Study Public Hearing was held Thursday, July 30, 2015. Study team members were on hand to answer questions and provide information during the Open House from 5 - 6 p.m. A technical presentation began at 6 p.m., followed by a public comment period. On December 22, 2015, TxDOT issued a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for the proposed MoPac intersections project, which allows the project to move forward into final design.
MoPac Intersections Environmental Study Events:
- 8/2013-10/2013: Team met with 64 key stakeholders representing 20 organizations
- 10/8/2013: Information booth at the SH 45SW Open House
- 10/18/2013: Information booth at Circle C HOA Food Trailer Night
- 10/22/2013: Information booth at Oak Hill Parkway Open House
- 10/24/2013: Meet and Greet Event at Parkside Village (details below)
- 10/25/2013-11/4/2013: Virtual Open House for the Meet and Greet Event
- 11/7/2013: Information booth at MoPac South Open House
- 12/5/2013: Information booth at the SH 45SW Open House
- 1/15/2014: Neighborhood Meeting for the Circle C HOA
- 4/29/2014: Information booth at MoPac South Open House
- 2/17/2015: Bicycle and Pedestrian Workshop
- 2/26/2015: Information booth at MoPac South Open House
- 3/12/2015: Information booth at the South Brodie Neighborhood Alliance meeting
- 3/13/2015: Information booth at the Circle C HOA Food Trailer Night
- 7/30/2015: Public Hearing
JULY 30, 2015: PUBLIC HEARING
On Thursday, July 30, 2015, the Public Hearing for the MoPac Intersections Environmental Study was held at Bowie High School, 4103 W. Slaughter Lane, Austin, TX, 78749. The purpose of the Public Hearing and subsequent Virtual Public Hearing was to provide the public with opportunities to review, discuss and provide input on the results of the Draft Environmental Assessment and the Build Alternative. All of the materials shown at the July 30, 2015 Public Hearing were available online for your review, until the end of the Public Hearing comment period on August 10, 2015. At that point, the comment period was closed and the information was archived here.
07/30 public hearing summary
Public Hearing Summary and Analysis, including Comment and Response Report (17 MB)
07/30 PUBLIC HEARING MATERIALS FOR DOWNLOAD:
- Presentation Slides and Moderator Script
- Diverging Diamond Intersection Fact Sheet
- MoPac Intersections Environmental Study Fact Sheet
- MoPac Intersections Project Conceptual Layout (Map)
- Public Hearing Exhibits
- Draft Environmental Assessment and Supporting Technical Memoranda
FEBRUARY 17, 2015: WORKSHOP
On Tuesday, February 17, 2015 a Bicycle and Pedestrian Workshop was held to inform and seek feedback on the Mobility Authority’s current and proposed investment in bicycle and pedestrian improvements. Team members from the four projects currently under study – 183 North Mobility Project, MoPac South, MoPac Intersections and the Oak Hill Parkway Project were on hand to explain the proposed improvements and record input. The event was attended by 17 individuals from 6 different organizations representing the bicycle and pedestrian community.
02/17 WORKSHOP MATERIALS FOR DOWNLOAD:
OCTOBER 24, 2013: MEET AND GREET EVENT
A Meet and Greet Event for the study was held on Thursday, October 24, 2013, from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM, at Parkside Village, 5701 Slaughter Lane, Austin TX 78749 (Suite B between BurgerFi and Matthew Horne Dentistry). The event was attended by over 150 citizens.
All of the materials presented at that event are available for you to download and review below. The official comment period is now closed. Thank you for all the comments and input we received. The summary report is below.
10/24 Meet and Greet Materials for download:
Display Boards and Handouts
- EXHIBIT 1: Welcome
- EXHIBIT 2: What is the Problem?
- EXHIBIT 3: Constraints Map
- EXHIBIT 4: Slaughter Lane Options
- EXHIBIT 5: La Crosse Avenue Options
- EXHIBIT 6: How to Submit Comments
“The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 16, 2014, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.”
3300 N. IH-35 Suite 300
|(512) 996-9778||Email Us|
3300 N. IH-35 Suite 300
|Call (512) 996-9778|
|Email Us Email Us|