The Environmental Process
In 2013, the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority (Mobility Authority) and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) initiated an environmental study to analyze and determine the best options for reducing travel delay and enhancing safety at MoPac intersections of Slaughter Lane and La Crosse Avenue. Over the course of the study, analysis of the potential social, economic and environmental impacts of the proposed improvements was conducted.
As required by NEPA, the project has logical termini (rational end points for a transportation improvement and for a review of the environmental impacts) and independent utility (is a usable and reasonable improvement even if no additional transportation improvements in the area are made). Environmental issues that have been examined include: potential effects to water resources, threatened and endangered species, noise impacts, air quality, cultural resources (archeological and historic), visual, socioeconomic, hazardous materials, indirect impacts, cumulative impacts, and parkland impacts.
The results of these studies are documented in the Final Environmental Assessment (EA), available below.
On December 22, 2015, TxDOT issued a Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for the proposed MoPac intersections project, which allows the project to move forward into final design. Copies of the FONSI, approved EA, and Public Hearing Summary and Analysis Report are available for public inspection and reproduction below, and at the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority, located on the 3rd floor at 3300 North IH-35, Austin, TX.
Final EA and Supporting Documentation
Please note, due to the large file size, download times on some of these items could vary. If you have any technical difficulty downloading these documents, please email us or call 512-996-9778.
- Final Environmental Assessment
- Preliminary Project Layout (22 MB)
- Notice of Availability: Finding of No Significant Impact
- Finding of No Significant Impact
- Public Hearing Summary and Analysis Report
- Noise Workshop Summary Report
- Standards of Uniformity for Historic Resources - Project Coordination Request
- Hazardous Materials Technical Memorandum
- Additional Geologic Studies
- Preliminary Risk Assessment of Proposed MoPac Underpasses at Slaughter Lane and La Crosse Avenue
- Open House Summary Report (49 MB)
- Air Quality Technical Memorandum
- Biological Studies Technical Memorandum
- Indirect and Cumulative Impacts Technical Memorandum
- Proposed Action, Purpose and Need Technical Memorandum
- Socioeconomic Resources Technical Memorandum
- Traffic Noise Technical Memorandum
- Water Resources Technical Memorandum
3300 N. IH-35 Suite 300
|(512) 996-9778||Email Us|
3300 N. IH-35 Suite 300
|Call (512) 996-9778|
|Email Us Email Us|